I am obsessed with pop culture - TV, Movies, Books, Music and of course all of the celebrity gossip that goes along with it. I enjoy being the go to person for what's on TV on a particular night, what movies to see, and what books to read. Not that I'm a know it all - but I pretend to be.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Television is Overwhelming

With so many ways to watch television these days, it can be a bit overwhelming. I'm one of those people where if I hear a good review and a lot of people are talking about something - like a good TV show - than I feel like it is my duty as a consumer of pop culture to check it out. This can be a very daunting and time consuming task. You no longer have the excuse of "Oh, I don't get that channel." Or, "I'm busy at the time." You can always record a show or catch it on Hulu.

The growing list of my recorded shows on my DVR sometimes feels like more of a chore than good, fun entertainment. I have to constantly remind myself that it IS actually okay to not watch them all. My growing Netflix queue along with the growing timeframe I keep one DVD at home is also a challenge. Currently, I am watching Flight of the Conchords from my Netflix List. I've seen a few episodes here and there, but now have started the task of watching season 1. Hopefully I'll preservere.

That all being said here is my list of shows I need to get to - some of which I'm way past the curve on:
Mad Men
Dexter
Entourage
How I Met Your Mother
Grey's Anatomy - I have over a half of the last season on my DVR, taking up space
Big Love
The Tudors
The Wire
24
True Blood
Damages

The list goes on... especially with new shows coming out all of the time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home